Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Think I'll go to Boston

- - - - -

Prologue:

It was a little while ago, when I sat on the bus heading South. It was a dark night, with a slight drizzle. I peered out the window and gazed at the scenery rushing by, and resisted the urge to press my nose against the icy cold window pane and watch the raindrops make lightning patterns as it landed milli microns from me. So near, yet so far. Story of my life. And the next track began to play on my music player. Boston, by Augustana. Loved it ever since.

- - - - -

And so lunch time came. Desiring a dash of solitude to reflect upon the path mine life was taking, how the various paths of the people I cherish are unfolding before me and how I might want or try to endeavour that the paths of certain people remain crossing with mine [in an ideal world not only would they cross but also intertwine and then .. become a shared path], but ultimately, I am not selfish (or perhaps important enough) to warrant them to rearrange aforesaid paths to ensure it aligned with mine. And so I zoomed off alone, as is the norm nowadays for me unless I'm lunching with Darren.

And on the way back, they played that track again. So haunting and true...

You don't know me, you don't even care, oh yeah, She said You don't know me, and you don't wear my chains... oh yeah,
Sometimes, your friends tell you they are looking for so n so and such n such. And blindingly obvious to the rest of us, is that what they are searching for is right there and it's only later in hindsight that they realize that.
If someone I care for professes a dream that they really want to achieve, regardless of my own true selfish feelings, I'd definitely help them go all the way for it. And stifle myself and not let it show. I wonder though, isnt that foolishness? Where do we draw the line between foolish and selfish?
Furthermore. Do you hold your silence and maintain status quo, or do you verbalize what when verbalized could jeopardize status quo n worse, if not mutual, destroy what you do have?
She said I think I'll go to Boston...I think I'll start a new life, I think I'll start it over, where no one knows my name, I'll get out of California, I'm tired of the weather, I think I'll get a lover and fly em out to Spain...I think I'll go to Boston,I think that I'm just tiredI think I need a new town, to leave this all behind...I think I need a sunrise, I'm tired of the sunset,I hear it's nice in the Summer, some snow would be nice... oh yeah,You don't know me, you don't even care...
I don't agree. Solving the wrong problem.
- - - - -
Epillogue
I think its cool to write prologues and epilogues on my blog.
- - - - -

No comments: