Monday, July 09, 2007

No love triangles for me please thank you

OK, so some friends got caught up in some love triangle business.

Really, it's no business of mind.

But somehow I got dragged into some interrogation session.

And was even given the helpful advice that I should not lie coz they already know the truth.

Which instantly created the thought in me that hang on wait if you know the truth, why ask me?

Anyway, its kind of tough coz it involves people who are important to me. At any rate, I believe it's always tough when a relationship ends, but ... if it has ended, it has ended.

So there I was, forced to travel back in time in my little messy bird brain, and had to trawl through the archives of cobwebbed info in my head to dig up all these requested bits of information. The tough part was, I wasn't reallly paying like full attn to the actual proceedings back when it happened, and combined with the passing of time, vague memories images and sounds, little details n dates became all mixed up until I barely had the foggiest idea as to what actually transpired when and by who. And when you are me, quite the dreamer, and throwing in work days in excess of 12 hrs on average, you really learn to push away irrelevant bits of info that hop up limited and valuable brain space. Still.. I had to cough it up. Silence was tantamount to being in cahoots with the supposed offender. My typical style of simply talk to get me off the hook would get me labelled as a compulsive liar. So how?

At any rate, it made me re examine my actions and I do feel quite fucked up and regretful that I didnt do more. But seriously, in that situation, having already argued with the supposed offender, what more could be done? I can't cut ties with my best friend over these things. This is emotion we are talking about, and no 1 can choose or control what they feel. I firmly believe that. You can control or dictate to a certain extent events that may lead you to eventually feel certain things for certain people but thats about it.

No comments: