Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The matchmaking agency

"What the world needs now..is love..sweet love..it's the only thing..that there's just..too little of."
Uttered gracefully by Dionne Warwick. Is it always true? Nope. Why?

Everybody is trying to set me up with somebody. Enough! I don't want! I already know who I want, and I don't intend to waver unless it becomes something impossible. Apparently my mum's friends are looking for nice decent boys for their 'nice lovely single daughters' and somehow I have been dragged into the pic. OK, #1, I am no nice decent boy. As of now, I officially put a halt to such scandalous activities.

Next. My friends have been trying to 'out of the kindness of their hearts' recommend their colleague/excolleague/ex uni friend/housemate whoever. Why? Just because I live a bachelor life here running ard by myself n getting into all sorts of trouble n overworking n am dropping weight...so out of concern, they are hoping I'd meet a nice girl to settle me down.

Next. My Procurement department is trying to hook me up with one of our suppliers. Their entire department is so active on this its like their KPI depends on it. Being painfully shy, and they being painfully obvious, I had to 'hide' on a couple of occasions.

At any rate, I do appreciate their concern and efforts but I don't think I am so desperate for another girlfriend at this point.

No comments: