Friday, July 20, 2007

Me Myself & I

* On a nice FRIDAY night, at 9pm, sitting around finishing up work... explains why I am qualified to speak on the below:

For various reasons, I am starting to reconcile myself to the possibility of living the rest of my days as a bachelor. Its not fun. But its a real possibility, however distinct, and thus, might as well psyche myself up for it, and prepare for just such a life.

I will not marry unless she is SHE. THE one. Don't tell me there is no such person in this world, that you just find the best you have at that moment, and make do. Don't tell me you just choose a wife, not a love of your life, and then go and mess around outside.

I refuse to believe it is true. But say I really don't meet her. I won't just force someone in my mind to fit that mould. Then I'd be just me myself and I. Nothing wrong with that.

But say I do meet her. And...maybe to me, she is everything I've ever wanted. Smart, funny, witty, sense of humor, great on the eyes, has an appetite to match mine, great music tastes, loves books, can be sporty, a genuinely good considerate warm caring human, not caught up with materialism, not a fan of money, capacity to feel, all soft n warm n curves etc. What then?

Is that the end of the story? Or just the beginning? Mate, your work has just started. What would I be to her? Would I be the same?

People always think of who/what they want, but never really who/what they are and whether what they are is really all that nice a person. Fair, if you refuse to live for anyone but yourself. Though if you are badly flawed, you SHOULD change. But far too often I see blatantly obese ppl lamenting why no supermodel-type likes them, or a severely selfish n self absorbed type lamenting why she is still single, and jealously comparing herself to her attached friend and going I'M BETTER THAN HER I'M BETTER SO WHY HAS SHE GOT SO N SO AND I ONLY GOT MESELF? I believe in cause and effect. Before you start wishing for such n such... first make sure you yourself are an upright character. Thats the only thing 100% within your control.

/me goes and takes a good self reflection.

No comments: