Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Cut Production Inefficiencies!

Howdy, my fellow Sheila's and Average Joes!

Maybe you are wondering, hey watsup with the title of this post. Very simple. I can't be buggered to think of one so I glanced around, saw this calendar given to us by 1 of our vendors, and ... copied it heh heh.

Wow I've got so many bits of randomness in me today I feel like a little sparkplug shooting out sparks. Ok, with zero attempts to put things logically, I shall start spouting.

1) Started reading Anne of Green Gables last night, on the recommendation of someone who whatever she thinks is good, I will believe. Immaculate taste proven time and again, not the least of which being choosing not to cut ties with me and kick me into the wilderness beyond since apparently we are chasms apart. The language is very good. I like that book. Think I watched the movie though.

2) When you spend all your time at work, you are bound to develop close rships with your co workers. Fair enough. And when you hence don't meet many other members of the opposite sex, you are bound to eventually start having beer goggles, and somehow, your perception of said colleagues is that they are better looking than they actually are in reality. Hence a lot of work rships start this way, and in my workplace, many end up getting married. Just an observation. However, in my particular environment...so heavily male dominated...I guess I'm safe from this phenomena.

3) Was v proud when a colleague-promoted-to-friend got promoted recently and am pleasantly surprised to see the changes and various developments in her now that she has additional power. She went through hell, as we all did. But was touched when she presented me in private with some simple tokens of appreciation. I'm not sure what for or why, or even if I deserve it. I'm just really glad that I managed to survive in this dog pound, get regarded as a capable person, and I did it without stepping on ppl and backstabbing them, nor did I play politics. The point is, I'm glad that my presence here wasn't just whisk in, do something, and bugger off; I actually made a little bit of impact, had some meaning, and made someones life better. Now shouldn't that be what life is about? That you walk away having made a positive impact.

4) Observed that v often when ppl get struck, insulted or something, basically a form of attack, even if meant as a joke, there are 3 types of responses. 1 = play along and laugh it off. 2 = remain neutral and impassive, neither encouraging nor discouraging. 3 = by far the most popular, which is ow, u hurt me, either physically or not, and so, I have to hurt/hit u back! Mahatma Gandhi once said, if everyone lived by the adage an eye for an eye, soon the whole world will be blind. Wise words of wisdom indeed. And as Christians say, turn the other cheek.

5) One of my eternal regrets in this life is that I gave up on the piano. Back then, being younger stupider, more aggressive testesterone charged, I hated the theory part. Hated it absolutely. Learning it with 2 of my other siblings, the teacher always gave me extra attn and said I was the best and most gifted among the 3 of us. I paid no heed, and wanted out. How dumb! Now when I hear my sisters play, and play well, I feel a bit of an ache..wish I hadnt given it up or I can play like them.

OK...time to get back to work..brief mental sojourne comes to an end.

No comments: