Thursday, July 12, 2007

Eat drink Man woman

Fish! Hate it when this happens! A lot of nice juicy topics floating by in front of me... like little puffs of clouds ... with ideas sitting on top of em clouds.. then I reach out and retrieve em and mentally file em away for retrieval for when I have the opportunity to blog. And..now as I trawl thru my mental archives, I draw a blank result.

Bloody infuriating this.

People say its getting harder and harder to be a woman/man nowdays. OK, lets examine in superficial detail what I think are their arguments.

Harder to be woman:

- Need to fight in workplace and be as aggressive as men while..
- Balancing the family's needs such as husband & kids
- Fighting discrimination against hiring women due to management doubting mothers' commitment
- Crime increase
- Pressure to look slim and look good
- Pressure to get packed off in marriage by 28 or so [not sure bout relevance of this point]

Harder to be man:

- Pressure to be fit and muscular and tall n dark n handsome (I'm so far off I don't even bother trying anymore heh)
- Pressure to make lots n lots of $$$ ASAP, tonnes more than their women (this pressure applied by women, whether intentionally or not and whether they admit it or not)
- Confusion in being a SNAG or a Neanderthal..fusion!? new age? metro? what?!
- More pressure to make $$$
- Pressure to be smart & mature & sensible & know all the answers & never get lost on the road & fix all pipes & b as mysterious n heroic n charming etc as MOVIE stars
- More pressure to make $$$

OK. WTF? Wait! I have 1 more argument. How about..

Harder to be human:

- What kind of life do you want, now that we have so many options n possibilities and literally the world at our doorstep?
- How kind/generous/thoughtful can you be in light of constraints?
- How to balance health and other commitments n obligations?

Blah blah, lazy to think. Too time consuming. So, people alwiz say, aiyerrr, don't know what everyone/society/bf/gf/parents wants me to be la...if I am this, then so and so will feel that...

Look guys, its really simple. Just be yourself, as Audioslave says. And others can take or leave it. Theres no such thing as the perfect man/woman.

I don't care much for SNAGS or metrosexuals..hold them in slight contempt. Stuff that nonsense of knowing your facial wash from ur toner from ur watever the hell else, fuck that shit about what shampoo n perfume n crap and wanting to cook ur grilled salmon with wat the fuck basil leaves served in some big ass dish but with only a small portion while listening to your Miles Davis you wannabe pretentious prick..I've personally come across people who raided my fridge, pulled out my wine, MY V EXPENSIVE WINE, helped themself to a glass of it, did the whole requisite twirling tongue n swirl in mouth thingie, lift up glass to light to check for sediments n shit (ahoy, u wannabe sommelier, u can't fool me with ur amateur tricks though u might fool a young impressionable girl twit) and actually started hunting for crackers ..want some cheese with that? perhaps a box to the ears as well my friend? Leave that stuff for wine tasting ok? With the live jazz.

I, ahem, /me clears throat, consider myself a refined Neanderthal primal caveman. Its obvious to all who know me, as can be seen by my rough n crabby ways, all brusque n gruff (except when it comes to dealing with certain girls then cannot la, otherwise offend their fine fine sensibilities). I am an uncouth non socialite and will happily grunt my assents or dissents if permitted.

Stop trying to make $$$ to outearn Mr Lim the selfish self absorbed bean counter prick next door. Absolutely immature to feel the need for that. If you want $$$, make the reason being that you need the money for some other cause, such as, you love travelling n holidays n staying in exp hotels hence thats the price you gotta pay. And girls shud seriously stop expecting guys to be the cashcow.. its damn turn off.

OK, I'm so drifty today that I've totally strayed off any paths of logic or sequence.. everything is just 1 jumbled piece of typing without flow..woo hoo...but since I have to stay true to the philosophy behind this blog i.e. no censorship...I still gotta post this up anyway in its current form and entirety. But rest assured no animals were harmed in the writing of this post. We are like Bodyshop..no animal testing.

I'm just real sleepy...real sleepy... n refuse to work.. so.. I blog.. n hence.. incoherent..now..sorry..blue ship on the green sky..sailing light years horizon..mahatma gandhi..hello jacob.. ooh hello brer rabbit.

the friar takes flight.

No comments: